Thursday, February 17, 2011

Notes from another blog

Jeff paddling
Wednesday, 5 July 2006

Returned today from Hawai'i. Surprisingly, Lydia paddled with me 3x. Does she like it? Will she paddle more if we have a really light kayak (less than 30 lb) for her to use and cartop on a new and lower profile Toyota Matrix? I have a Pygmy Arctic Tern 14 in a box but with 6 oz fiberglass cloth. Should I buy more marine okoume and some 4 oz(or lighter) glass cloth?


Thursday, 23 March 2006
Sammamish Race
Now Playing: Hot day!
mar 2006. I used Michael Lampi's Cadence pedal boat. Finished the Race at last after starting with the long course boaters and turning back after about 3 miles to start with the short course boaters, taking pictures of any racers. I couldn't keep up with the rowers, so few pics of them appear on soundrowers.org . As I unclipped from Mike's pedals, a severe hamstring cramp afflicted my right leg. Paul Rollinger had to help me out. Right after the race, chomped 4 slices of pizza, thanks Mike. Then drove to REI Seattle which was only 16 miles away. Amazingly short cp to Aberdeen-Olympia ride.

Browsed REI and stopped to try out a cot--I closed my eyes. I awoke before the store closed & shopped a bit. Store employees misidentified me as a Sea Kayaker Magazine employee due to my embroidered vest. They liked to talk quite a bit. I felt really good.


Wednesday, 22 March 2006

Now Playing: Sea Lion or bear?
Paddled from S Aberdeen ramp to Cozzy ramp and saw Keith Lile paddling up just south of Junction City.

What did we see betw WalMart and Swanson's? bear? Sea lion? What a big head! didn't have my camera! aieeeee! I think it had ears like a bear, but perhaps my memory fails me.

Sunday, 19 February 2006
La Conner kayak race
Seda impulse. Rudder disabled--Credit Steve Bennett, a teacher, not a mechanic. Blame self for not inspecting kayak after loaning out. 25 deg F at the ramp. wore a drysuit, hat and gloves. got Too hot as the race started in full sun which shone throughout. Fear of cold has cause overdressing. Caught up to a surf ski at end, trailing it by only 1 sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment