Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dark, unstormy night

Twilight, not night. I waited too long to go outside today, missed the "heat" of the day and I saw a huge, wicked bank of fog rolling in as I carried my kayak down the Wishkah ramp behind WalMart. No sun during the paddle, just the final light of day to push me upstream against an ebb tide. Since I wasn't caught in the act there must not be a law against peeing on the bank right after paddling.

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday, in Olympia, the sun shone brightly as it arced across a blue canvas. Then, shortly after 5 p.m., the hills above East Bay Road sucked it down. From members of the rowing club came news of a whale sighting near Gull Harbor--I almost got there before deciding I'd have to turn back. They didn't make themselves known to me.

a 400 gm lump of 50/50 dough fits just right into an 8" dish, making a loaf about 3" high.

No comments:

Post a Comment