Saturday, February 11, 2017

Vandals!

The pool at the gated Community where my mom lives is heated year-round to 86 degrees Fahrenheit.  It's 4-6 degrees warmer than most lap swimmers can tolerate and only about 14 degrees cooler than the jacuzzi, but most people who use the pool move pretty slowly or maybe the warmer water makes them slow.  The pool has one wave dissipating lane divider and no lines on the bottom to help swimmers stay straight. Until recently.

One day an elderly gentleman complained about the "vandalism" that had just occurred. He pointed out 4 lines crudely drawn on the bottom of the pool from one end to the other. Just 4 lines, no graffiti, no obscenities, just 4 lines. I was happy to see the lines but I said nothing in view of the man's ill temperament. He said management might consider installing security cameras. He said "they had to have done it at night. It must have taken at least two or three of them and a lot of time. And the pool guy can't figure out how to get the lines off. It must have been some kind of Grease pencil."

The pool's still hot but I can swim straight. I noticed another swimmer in the pool swimming over one of the lines and still bumping into the wall or the lane divider--I laughed but not out loud.

I changed the subject. I said that I'd heard about increasing break-ins in the community. The conversation moved on to drug addicts, at which the man said we should give them all the drugs they want but with arsenic mixed in. That so shocked me that I couldn't respond. I don't know where such idiots come from.

We have an idiot in our President Trump. Yet the local bumpkins think they've discovered an outrageous crime and want to murder drug addicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment