Sunday, March 27, 2016

Swimming before the WAshington Democratic caucus, hammock revision for Canoe Auction.

Last night YMCA staff said a great Easter egg hunt would take place in the lap pool for the last hour the pool was to remain open. I left unperturbed, glad for the kids to have fun, intending to awaken early and get into the pool about 7:15 a.m. After a terrible night sleeping I woke up an hour late. I ate a snack bar and went to the YMCA got in the pool and discovered that many of my moving parts didn't really want to play. I did some kicking drills and one armed freestyle, followed by some butterfly drills. The stiff feeling persisted even through breast stroke. Then I swam some one armed fly followed by a few careful full stroke butterfly. Everything seemed to come together. I doubt that I was great but I felt good-- almost like I was flying--I felt like I was no longer a prisoner of the water. It was a good time to get out of the pool. I left, hoping that I could have a repeat performance of that feeling.


Out of the pool at 9 a.m.and home at 9:30.I walked down to Aberdeen high school for the Democratic caucus.  People in our precinct got together several people spoke about their favored candidate and people were permitted to change their vote for president.  Only the person who was undecided changed their vote to Bernie Sanders.  Overall 29 of 51 attendees voted for Bernie Sanders, but that was not enough to give Bernie more than three of the six delegates for our precinct.  Whole process took under an hour. Erik Larson, the Mayor attended, and said he'd address the problem of people parking their cars hogging 2/3 of the sidewalk. Met Tom Quigg early on--he said Stephanie Devaney, anesthesiologist at GHCH, is leaving.

Home again, to re-rig a giant (90x156) tablecloth hammock for the NW Heritage wooden Canoe auction May 13-15@ Lost Lake. I removed the zip-ties I'd used to gather the ends and using the Amsteel loops attached to the cinch buckles in their place. It has a ridgeline to keep each hang as comfortable as the last. I made and uploaded a video to youTube showing how to hang the hammock.

I went back to the pool at 7:30 p.m. Same routine as the morning, but I felt more energetic.

I watched videos and learned about the Becket hitch used to attach hammock to a tree strap, no hardware--thanks, Derek!  (Derek Hansen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXhHBwUbIgI "fast forward" to 4:50)


No comments:

Post a Comment