Thursday, December 17, 2015

Kicking butterfly

I woke up! Late! 8:30 a.m.! I'm so lazy and so unashamed!
To the the pool I went, and without coffee,  that wonderful legal performance enhancing drug, with the intent of just swimming meekly. After pretending to swim some freestyle 100's, I got a dose of optimism.  I wasted it on some poorly executed butterfly 25's--I'm sure I looked to the life guard like I needed saving. I sought help from the basic kick drills, doing 8-10 25s.  Doing drills like that helps put the pieces more into automatic execution. That immensely improved the stroke.  Future butterfly sessions demand kicking drills for a good stroke not to be simply accidental.

FYI, pouring a solution of sodium thiosulfate on my hair & skin after swimming effectively takes out the chlorine.

No comments:

Post a Comment