Friday, November 13, 2015

Breaking in the Brooks. Furnace parts

The Ray Way quilt was way too warm last p.m.

The Brooks saddle seemed a bit more accommodating today.  I've pedaled 30 minutes daily for the last three mornings and even thumped it a few times with my fish whacker.  It'll happen.

The swimming pool.  Butterfly drills mostly with some back stroke and breast stroke and a tiny bit of freestyle.  Dunno what my fly looked like, but the motion felt good for a few strokes.  I know I have to work on the kick to make .
*****
A box of parts for my heating system arrived, days after Dan of Sunset Air quoted me $800 to replace a pump. Despite the clarity of the invoice from my recent service that indicated which part needed replacement, (the seal bearing assembly), he got it completely wrong and didn't call back when he said he would. To think "loser"would fix nothing.  I have no idea why Dan didn't call back. Wait, someone called earlier today from a Washington area code.

I'll just fix it myself.  Hm. Read instructions that came with parts.  Turn off power to the pumps, turn off power to the boiler. Turn off water to the system and drain the water from the system. remove motor, remove coupler, remove seal bearing assembly,  Install new seal bearing assembly, with gasket, install new coupler, replace motor. lubricate seal bearing assembly.  I might save $200. Or I might end up with a really expensive repair if I screw up.
*****
Yoga.  Again, wearing the jammer swim suit and the bike tights, because I'm not going to buy $70 yoga pants and look like a poseur. Marc and Suzanne Tomlinson appeared.

Speaking of people from the past, Kathy Jamsgard hailed me while I was shopping cheeses in Top Foods. Not much change. Too many cats, still riding a motorcycle and squinting a lot.

And 6 weeks ago before I walked the Oregon PCT, I saw Bill and Pam Hofmann at the UPX store, sending gifts to a nephew.  Not much going on.  Nothing to talk about, I guess.  Well, I did say I was sending food to myself for the Oregon PCT--oh, I didn't mean to rub salt in the wound of her leg amputation event (old news now).  They told me what they were sending and I told them what I was sending, that's all.  Anybody who wants to read more into it than that can walk into the ocean.
******
And the no knead bread was so damned good, I checked my weight and I'm back up to 156-7 lb.

Top Foods is closing and having a "sale" on everything, but the prices on some items (water chestnuts) weren't that good to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment