Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The REI review

Its a review for the REI tent stake bag, which sells for $4.50.  I made my own, of course, from spare fabric lying around, which weighs 75% less.  I'll be checking REI.com to see if the review passed their sensors.  The review:

I've put tent stakes in this little bag, but it's good for so much more.  The stitching is so robust, I can now hide that extra carrot when I just run out of room in the fridge.  White wine leaks a bit when I try to use it as a carafe, but if used within a tumbler, it's fine.  Besides, one should be drinking the wine, not watching to see whether it leaks from the bag.  I haven't used it with red wine or that junk called Merlot.  

At .75 ounces it also won't fly away in the wind when it's empty.  It will shelter at least four fingers when the wind blows cold over the prairie.  This is also a great bivy sack for your GI Joe or Math-and-Physics-Barbie doll which every self respecting camper should have.

Happy trails!


No comments:

Post a Comment