Saturday, December 3, 2011

10 days in Las Vegas

Gave my mom a hug and promptly received her upper respiratory virus. Slept on the nearly rock hard matttress upstairs with the dusty smelling pillows, which I covered with a freshly laundered towel the 2nd night.

Saw Jennifer on the 2nd night and boys. All well.

Ate at the buffet at the Bellagio on Thanksgiving Day.
While staying with my mom, I heard someone knocking on the door--not the front door, but the bathroom door where mom was taking a shower. The lock button had gotten stuck and she was locked in. I slipped a screwdriver under the door--she removed the doorknob and I was able to draw the mechanism back to allow her exit. The next day we replaced the bathroom door knobs.

Then a malfunctioning casement window crank called for removal.  The phone at Eagle windows in Vegas gave "busy" signal. The store itself was unoccupied with just a table inside. Found the crank online & ordered it. Tom will install.

Repaired broken plastic lock handles for the screen doors. Tom had a stick of poplar, from which I'd cut small blocks and screwed to the locks.

Leaking shower in mom's bathroom. Pulled half the cartridge out, the rest came out with the help of long nose pliers I bought.  Plumber's supply wasn't too helpful--said the cartridges cost 30-40$. Finally, got smart and bought the cartridge at Lowe's for $9. Huge difference between plumber supply store & Lowes prices.

Getting meat fever. Every meal has meat in one dish or more. Great but still, not the way I eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment