Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th & 5th varnish coats on hull of the Tern 14

Yes, I applied a 4th coat of varnish in the a.m. and 7 hours later a 5th coat of varnish. It looks great.

I used http://www.walkjogrun.net/ to map out my kayaking route this p.m. 10.5 miles!??? Went to ride some waves on the Chehalis, but they kept rolling right under me after very brief rides. Perhaps I'd have more fun on the ocean? I'd paddled the Coho, as I have the Epic on disabled list for epoxy, fiberglass and varnish.Coho would be much nicer with centered foot braces, thigh support & maybe a rudder. I've never paddled a K1 but I keep hitting the deck of the Coho as if I was a K1 paddler. Have to be more careful.

This old kayak. The Epic got fiberglass on the crack and a layer of varnish on the worst part of the deck where I slap it with the paddle. Varnish makes it look great. Need to sand & varnish entire kayak. Also some epoxy to cover the bare carbon cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment