Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Back in Vegas

Sunday, January 20, 2019. My first visit to Mom's house in Vegas for this year. The partial government shutdown worried me.  If enough airport security called in sick to delay passage, I'd miss my flight. I left for the airport two hours earlier than I would have otherwise. Another upper respiratory infection, though mild, piled on top of one from which I'd mostly recovered, creating small knots of snot in my nose, and my throat. The Southwest Airlines flight had poor ventilation. I wish I'd brought the latter to the flight attendant's attention. I wanted to sleep but couldn't , because of the loud passengers sitting nearby. On final approach to the runway in Vegas, the wind rocked the plane, leavng me sweaty and unsettled as the jet taxied to the gate.

At the house, I took a shower, swallowed two pain pills, ate some of Mom's rice and egg custard and set up my hammock. I got in and slept until I awoke from the wind snapping the screen door loudly against the house. I moved to a room far from the angry door and slept on the couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment