Saturday, January 17, 2015

A snagged lure is not always a lost lure anymore.

I just found the solution to snagged lures.

Tip #1.  Interpose a lighter test loop of monofilament between your hook and the wire loop.  If using 8# test in your reel, use 2# test mono.  I use 12# test since I have 30# braided on my reel.

Tip #1.  Or you can tie a single strand between hook and wire loop.  Then you can use 6# test.

Tip #2:  I attach a split ring to the hook, because the mono likes to work itself into the joint of the hook eye.

I tossed my lure into a tree, where it snagged.  I pulled hard and got all but the hook and the split ring.


I am re-configuring all the lures to incorporate a mono strand or loop.

Update Feb 5, 2015:  Latest trip snagged two lures, losing the hooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment